Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: October 12th, 2023
This Agreement is between Green Flower Media, Inc. (“Green Flower”) with its offices at 5600 Everglades St., Suite C, Ventura, CA 93003, and the Student (“Student”) enrolling in one or more Ganjier Certification programs offered by Green Flower.
- Intent: The Ganjier Certification program was established by Green Flower in 2020 to promote the recognition of quality and excellence of service in the cannabis industry. The intensive education and examination program guides aspiring Ganjiers through three increasingly rigorous levels of coursework, live training and examinations, culminating in becoming a Certified Ganjier (CG).
- Prerequisites: Enrolling students affirm that they are at least 21 years of age and have a functional, working knowledge of English.
It is strongly recommended that all candidates have a significant amount of existing cannabis experience.
Entry to the Advanced Ganjier program and examinations are limited to those persons who have successfully passed the Certified Ganjier examinations.
Applicants for the Executive Ganjier program and examinations are limited to those persons who have successfully passed the Advanced Ganjier examinations.
Green Flower reserves the right to request the verification of age, identity and qualifications of applicants and any other information relevant to entry and participation in a Ganjier Certification program.
- Applications: Enrollment is open to any persons who are 21 years of age or over. No person may be denied admission because of the person’s gender, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
- Application Review: Green Flower reserves the right in their absolute discretion to reject applications for enrollment if the applicants do not meet the eligibility criteria or for any other reason as determined by Green Flower in its sole discretion, including but not limited to, submission of untruthful content during the application process.
Green Flower will review applications from all eligible applicants for each certification program or examination offered. In its sole discretion, Green Flower may increase or reduce the maximum number of applicants accepted for any certification program or examination offered.
Green Flower will not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected applications or other communications written or electronic.
- Enrollment: Green Flower will select for enrollment, eligible applicants for each of the Certification Pathways offered. Eligibility for enrollment into a Certification Pathway is at the sole discretion of Green Flower. In its sole discretion, Green Flower may increase or decrease the maximum number of applicants for each Certification Pathway.
- Course Policy: Enrolling Student agrees and acknowledges that absolutely no guarantee of successful completion or certification has been made.
To achieve Certification, you must successfully complete all 3 steps in the Certification process within 12 months from the date of your enrollment:
Step 1 – Complete the Online Training
Step 2 – Attend the Live Training
Step 3 – Successfully pass each of the In-Person Written, Service, and SAP™ exams.
Green Flower will, in its sole and absolute discretion, determine whether or not any student has completed the requirements to receive a Ganjier certification.
Students who do not complete the Certification process within 12 months from the date of enrollment may request a 6 month extension for a fee of $275.
- Exams: Applicants who are accepted on a course or examination will be assessed and examined throughout the course by the nominated Ganjier Exam Proctors. The Ganjier Exam Proctors will ultimately determine whether or not an applicant has successfully completed an examination in which the candidate is enrolled. In exercising their judgment, the Ganjier Exam Proctors will be guided by the exam standards identified on the Ganjier website. www.Ganjier.com
Any student who does not successfully complete or pass, any or all, of the exam(s) on exam day will be required to retake ALL THREE exams at a later date in order to earn Certification status. A fee of $499 will be assessed in order to retake the exam(s).
Student acknowledges that there is no guarantee or expectation of successfully passing all three certification exams. Student understands and agrees that no refund will be given in the event the student does not successfully pass all three exams. Student agrees not to seek legal action against Green Flower in the event they do not successfully pass all three exams and do not earn Certification status.
- 8. Maintaining Certification status: In order to maintain Ganjier Certification status, all Certified, Advanced, and Executive level Ganjiers are required to complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of Continuing Education once every two years, to demonstrate that they are maintaining the highest levels of proficiency and competency befitting a Ganjier. CEC’s must be earned from a qualifying Continuing Education Provider as determined solely by Ganjier. The list of currently qualifying Continuing Education Providers may be obtained by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Cancel: Green Flower reserves the right to cancel any course, live training session, or examination if insufficient applications for enrollment are received. In the event that Green Flower must cancel any course, live training session, or examination, it will give applicants a minimum of 21 days notice prior to the scheduled commencement of the course in which the applicant is enrolled. Green Flower will not be liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student resulting from the cancellation of any course, live training session, or examination.
- 10. Cancellations and Refunds: Green Flower incurs significant expense in administering the Certified Ganjier program.
- You have 36 hours from the receipt of your initial payment to cancel and receive a full refund. No refunds will be made after 36 hours from receipt of the initial payment. To receive a refund, please reach out to email@example.com no more than 36 hours after payment.
- You may change your Live Training date, with a minimum of 14 days advance notice, ONCE at no charge. Additional changes will result in a $275.00 fee.
- Any and all cancellations made within 14 calendar days of your booked Live Training date will result in a $275.00 rescheduling fee.
- Exam dates may only be changed or rescheduled with a $275.00 fee.
- Attendance confirmation is required 30 days prior to the booked Live Training and / or Certification Exam(s).
Should you have to cancel, you must do so in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that Green Flower cancels a scheduled Live Training or Certification Exam date(s) the student will be offered the opportunity to reschedule.
- 11. Transfers: Your seat to the Ganjier program may be transferred to another person ONLY under the following conditions:
- Seat may be transferred to another person only within the first 90 days after initial payment has been received AND only if less than 25% of the online curriculum has been completed.
- Rescheduling fees for Live-Training Dates and Exam Date may apply, if the Ganjier seat is transferred after dates have already been booked.
- No more than ONE transfer will be allowed.
- Liability Waiver: Green Flower or any related body, shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered (even if caused by negligence) as a result of individuals enrolling and participating in any Ganjier live training or examination, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law. Additionally, each and every student attending the in-person training and /or in-person exams will be required to sign the Green Flower Release of Liability Waiver.
- 13. Confidentiality: The use of mobile phones or electronic devices to take video footage, photos or post updates to social media will not be permitted at any time during any Ganjier course, live training, or examination.
Students enrolled in any Ganjier course, live training, or examination are not permitted to share, publicly or privately, any quiz, web portal login details, apps, video or written supporting materials which have been provided by Green Flower.
- 14. Name & Likeness: Applicants consent to Green Flower or any sponsor/supporter of the Ganjier program using their name and likeness for an unlimited period without remuneration, to promote the Ganjier courses and examinations or any sponsor/ supporter of the Ganjier program.
- 15. Code of Ethics: Individuals who successfully complete all parts of the Certified Ganjier Exams will be expected to uphold the accepted ethics and standards of Ganjier. Recipients of the diploma will be required to sign the Ganjier Code of Ethics agreement found at Ganjier.com.
As a reminder, “Ganjier”, “Certified Ganjier,” and “Systematic Assessment Protocol” are trademarks of Green Flower protected under federal and state laws, and these marks are registered or pending registration with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. All goodwill arising from your use of any of these marks shall inure to the benefit of Green Flower.
Use of the “Certified Ganjier™” logo is strictly and exclusively limited and restricted as follows:
- You may use and display the Certified Ganjier™ logo only if you have been certified by us as a Certified Ganjier™ and only for so long as you maintain and retain such certification.
- The “Certified Ganjier™” logo may only be used in conjunction with your name in connection with your offer, promotion or provision of cannabis assessment services and may not be used as a standalone logo or graphic.
- The “Certified Ganjier™” logo may only be used as a means of identifying you, the assessor, as someone who has earned “Certified Ganjier™” status
- You are expressly forbidden to use or display the “Certified Ganjier™” logo in conjunction with any product(s) or sample(s), including for example to identify any product as “Certified Ganjier” or “Ganjier Certified”.
- You are also forbidden from using or displaying the “Certified Ganjier™” logo in conjunction with any particular Systematic Assessment Protocol® score or any other assessment for a given product (as opposed to use or display in conjunction with describing or promoting your certification status or assessment services in general, without reference to any particular product or sample). See additional terms below regarding the use and display of Systematic Assessment Protocol® scores.
- The “Certified Ganjier™” logo may only be used as is (with appropriate sizing), without modification, and you are expressly forbidden from using or displaying any altered or modified version of the logo or any confusingly similar logo or mark.
- The “Certified Ganjier™” logo should always include the “TM” symbol (or when and if such mark is registered, the “®” symbol) within or immediately next to and after the logo, whenever it is published or otherwise displayed.
Examples of permitted uses:
Any and all publishing or other display or use of any Systematic Assessment Protocol® scores must clearly and expressly delineate that the SAP score was derived exclusively from you, as the assessor, and must in no way portray or otherwise insinuate the score as being derived, validated or endorsed by, or associated with, Green Flower, any of our personnel or the “Ganjier®” brand. Accordingly, the following additional rules and restrictions apply to any publication, display or use of any SAP score:
- You shall not publish or display any SAP score in conjunction with the Certified Ganjier™ logo or any other reference to the “Ganjier®” brand. You can separately identify yourself and your services using the Certified Ganjier™ logo in accordance with the terms and guidelines above; however no such use shall be made in connection or association with any particular SAP score for a given sample or product.
- Publishing or other display of any SAP score is expressly limited to the specific LOT and/or BATCH number of the assessed sample or product. The SAP score may not be published or displayed in any form of media (including without limitation any advertising materials, product packaging, promotional materials and social media posts) without expressly identifying the assessor’s name and the lot and/or batch number of the assessed sample or product.
- Any publishing or display of the SAP scores must adhere to one of the following formats:
- “[SAP score] for [sample or product lot and/or batch #] as assessed by [Assessor name]” or
- “[SAP score], [sample or product lot and/or batch #], [Assessor name]”
iii. “[Assessor name], [sample or product lot and/or batch], [SAP score]”
- You may publicly publish and display SAP scores only if you have been certified by us as a Certified Ganjier™ and only for so long as you maintain and retain such certification.
- Product Limitations: The Systematic Assessment Protocol® system has been designed to assess whole cannabis flower and inhalable cannabis concentrates ONLY. You may not utilize, publish or otherwise display the SAP score for or in reference to any cannabis products that do not fall within those two categories including, but not limited to, prerolls, edibles, topicals, tinctures, drinks, suppositories, etc.
Systematic Assessment Protocol® Mark
You may use the Systematic Assessment Protocol® mark in conjunction with or next to the SAP score (subject to, and in accordance with, the rules and guidelines for SAP scores above) or more generally in connection with a description or promotion of your services as a Certified Ganjier. However, use of the Systematic Assessment Protocol® mark is strictly and exclusively limited and restricted as follows:
- You may use and display the Systematic Assessment Protocol® mark only if you have been certified by us as a Certified Ganjier™ and only for so long as you maintain and retain such certification.
- The Systematic Assessment Protocol® mark may only be used in connection with your offer, promotion or provision of cannabis assessment services (including in connection with your publication or display of SAP scores).
- You are expressly forbidden from using or displaying any altered or modified version of the Systematic Assessment Protocol® mark or any confusingly similar mark.
- The “Systematic Assessment Protocol®” mark should always include the “®” symbol at the end of the mark whenever it is published or otherwise displayed.
- No Use of Ganjier® Logo or Mark: Although you may use the Certified Ganjier™ logo as described above, you are not permitted to use the “Ganjier®” mark or logo itself. The Ganjier® mark and logo is a federally protected trademark owned by Green Flower and has been created and designed for exclusive use by the Ganjier® brand as and only to the extent expressly authorized by Green Flower in writing.
- Neither students nor graduates of our certification programs may use, publish or otherwise display the Ganjier® mark or logo at any time for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to any use or display or such mark or logo in advertising, promotions, promotional items, packaging, labeling, social posts, letterhead, articles of clothing, and the like. Furthermore, you shall not do anything to indicate or imply any kind of endorsement or approval of any product or sample by Green Flower or the Ganjier® brand.
- Assessment Integrity: As a Certified Ganjier, you are forbidden to intentionally mischaracterize, manipulate, or otherwise misrepresent the true and actual quality rating of any assessed product or sample. When providing Certified Ganjier™ services, you represent not only yourself but the entire Ganjier® community as a whole. Do not be tempted to assign generously high scores due to the relationship you have established with your clients. Mischaracterizations of the actual quality of a product will not only diminish your credibility, but will also diminish the integrity of the entire Ganjier® program.
- 17. Term of Agreement: This agreement shall be considered to be in effect upon completion of enrollment. The term of this Agreement shall continue until either the Green Flower or Student terminates it by giving the other a written notice without cause.
In addition, Green Flower shall have the right to terminate this Agreement, effective immediately, by providing written notice to the Student upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
- Mental incapacity of Student.
- Violation of any of the terms of this Agreement.
- Refusal of admission to certification course, prerequisite events
and/or required program.
- 18. Unauthorized Representations: Student shall not act as an agent for the Ganjier Certification Program in any manner and agrees to indemnify the Ganjier Certification Program for any claims made against the Ganjier Certification Program which arise out of any unauthorized representations made by the student.
- 19. Non-Disparagement: Student shall not make any statements or representations, or otherwise communicate, directly or indirectly, in writing, orally, or otherwise, or take any action which may, directly or indirectly, disparage Green Flower Media or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, advisors, businesses or reputations.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement shall preclude Student from
making truthful statements that are required by applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- Relationship Between the Parties: The relationship between Green Flower and Student during the term of this Agreement shall be one of independent contracting parties.
- 21. Arbitration: Every effort will be made by both parties to settle any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement. In the event it is necessary to institute legal action or an arbitration proceeding to enforce this Agreement, the Student shall be responsible for their own attorneys’ and any fees to proceed in court.
- 22. Limitation of Liability: Green Flower’s liability, and Student’s sole remedy, shall be limited to the return of any monies charged to the Student.
- Notice: Any notice required hereunder shall be deemed effective if
given in writing and sent (a) by registered mail, postage prepaid, or (b) fax or email to the other party at the address indicated in the first paragraph of this Agreement. Ganjier Student is responsible for maintaining a valid email and phone number for communications. Unsubscribing from either the Ganjier and/or Green Flower mailing list(s) will cause all communications to stop. Green Flower and Ganjier are not responsible for any fees that may occur if a student unsubscribes, does not keep active information or misses class confirmations.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between Green Flower Media and the Student, superseding any prior agreement. Green Flower reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify and /or alter the terms of this agreement at any time. The Student should periodically check the Terms and Conditions link on the Website home page to view the then current applicable Terms and Conditions. The Agreement may not be altered or amended orally. Only Green Flower has the right to alter or amend the Agreement and such alteration or amendment shall only be in
©Green Flower Media, 2023